About Anxiety & Panic Disorder
“Anxiety: A constant fight to survive.”
Anxiety affects millions of people globally and leads the problem to find out the shine to survive. However, anxiety’s intensity varies from sufferer to sufferer due to different reasons behind its occurrence. It might be surprising, but yes, anxiety has the potential to affect your mental, physical, emotional, and sexual health. Even though the long-term existence of anxiety can lead to other disorders. For instances-
- Inactive sexual drive
- Cardiovascular issues
Therefore, please seek treatment at the initial stage because, over time, these symptoms may lead to anxiety disorder. Anxiety can be noticed on the scale at a mild, moderate, and severe stage. However, which stage you are in depends on the situation and phase.
- Mild anxiety- Mild anxiety can also be indicated as short-term anxiety. Short-term anxiety occurs when the person goes through a stressful event. For instance, going for an interview, sitting on the roller coaster for the first can be the best example to indicate short-term and mild anxiety. The symptoms might include agitation and increased heartbeat.
- Moderate anxiety level- Moderate anxiety occurs when one finds the problematic situation for a precise period. However, as the situation or event gets overs so the symptoms will vanish. The symptoms might be feeling tired, lack of interest, and drowsiness.
- Severe anxiety level- when a trauma survives with the sufferer for the long term and affects the mental capability, is known as severe anxiety level. However, long-term anxiety can affect the pattern of one’s life. Hence, the symptoms of long-term anxiety are mood swings, high aggression, depression, and irritability.
#Myth- Anxiety is always dangerous!
#Fact- Short-term anxiety might seem dangerous but sometimes helps to predict upcoming dangers by making us anxious.
Some stats about anxiety-
- Anxiety is seen as the most common disorder amongst the citizen of the USA. As per the survey, anxiety influences 40 million people each year in moderate to severe states. The people (40 million) who get affected from anxiety aged between 18 years and older.
- Although it is common, it is treatable with the right approaches such as medical and non-medical assistance. However, the survey concludes only 39.1% suffers out of full ratio goes for the medical treatment. And rest of the ratio implies the self-understood methods to overcome the anxiety.
- It is shocking that anxiety sufferers are 3 to 5 times more likely to be admitted to the hospital for mental illness as associated with those who are not under any precise mental disorder. For example- insomnia, anxiety, panic attacks, and depression.
- Studies reveal that Anglo and Euro cultures’ people are more prone to fall under anxiety from Indian, Latin, and African cultures.
- On a gender basis, females are more prone to encounter anxiety attacks and their types than men. And the survey has even concluded this.
Some facts about anxiety-
- Encountering or going through the symptoms of anxiety at numerous points of life is common. Normally, one gets anxious when one goes for an interview or meets the new people around them.
- Anxiety may seem mentally disturbing, but it is there to protect you from future troubles sometimes.
- Anxiety doesn’t survive with the sufferer for a lifetime, but when one goes through it, so one feels it is going to affect the mental and physical health for a lifetime.
- Even though stress is unpredictable by other people, those with whom you are close and having good relations can feel.
- Hence, Anxiety contributes to other health disorders such as high B.P and heart issues.
Several factors contribute to anxiety development, such as genes and environmental aspects. However, the reason may vary from one sufferer to another due to several different factors. Although some common reasons lead the anxiety in one-
- Surroundings- unhealthy surroundings play an integral role in the development of anxiety disorder. For instance, if one is in a toxic relationship, family issues go through the passing away of the closest one.
- Medical conditions- medical conditions such as thyroid and heart arrhythmias affect the brain’s chemicals and stability. Thus, if you are under the influence of such diseases, you may encounter short-term anxiety.
- Stressful situation- if you are being affected by a stressful and traumatic event, you may encounter some mental and physical disturbance. The disturbance may include laziness, anxiety, affected sexual drive, and many more.
- Genetic factors- Anxiety can be genetic too in the sufferer. The mental illness may pass from one generation to another generation. Therefore, if you have been the victim of this influence, meet the doctor before planning for another generation.
What are the early signs of anxiety?
Anxiety gets severe over time, and its symptoms don’t affect the lifestyle much at the initial stage. However, there are some changes you may find at the starting point. If you go through such symptoms, try out to cure them at starting points before they start growing up. The symptoms might get harsh over time. Therefore, take the medical assistance, talk with a therapist, or practice organic ways such as Yoga and meditation. The early symptoms of anxiety are-
- Lack of attention
- Inactive schedule
- Lack of coordination with lifestyle
- Behavioral changes
- High aggression
- Lack of sleep
- Mental exhaustion
- Lack of productiveness
These are some changes that you may go through in the initial stage. The number of symptoms and their intensity may vary from sufferer to sufferer due to different health characteristics. Find what is triggering you or what is annoying you to overcome your anxiety level. Hence, anxiety is a non-treatable disease.