Showing all 15 results
“ADHD: An elevating neurological disorder.”
ADHD is a term that sounds quite normal these days as it affects millions of people each year in the united states and other countries. However, studies believe children from English-speaking families are four times more prone to meet ADHD. This disorder is prominent as a lack of attention and focus, but it is more than that. People who have ADHD find numerous troubles in their day-to-day lives rather than a lack of attention and focus. The intensity and number of symptoms vary in children, teenagers, and adults. Come with us to know about us astonishing facts and symptoms of ADHD in different age groups.
Facts and stats about ADHD that drive crazy-
- Researchers have found the primary symptoms of ADHD usually occur at the age between 3 to 6 years. Although the symptoms begin in a mild state as the child grows up, symptoms intend to worse. However, the number of symptoms varies from one child to another.
- Medical surveys lead that ADHD marks on around 6 million Americans each year. It proves, ADHD is being elevated with passing years in the USA. Therefore, if you are under ADHD, reach out to medical supervision at the initial stage.
- 6 out of 10 children diagnosed with ADHD are prior under other medical conditions. Therefore, if you are under any medical condition related to mental and physical so seek the treatment at the right moment.
- Studies have proved that if your siblings have ADHD, there are 35% more chances of you meeting the ADHD disorder. Therefore, go for a medical check-up to verify your mental and physical health status.
- It is disappointing, but yes, ADHD is not completely treatable or curable. It lasts for a lifetime. However, there is no to worry about. The ADHD symptoms are manageable by approaching medical treatments such as medications and therapy.
- 47% of adults WHO go through ADHD are under the anxiety simultaneously. Occurrence of the ADHD and anxiety at the same time can affect mental and physical health brutally.
- It might be shocking, but yes, children from English-speaking families and cultures are more likely to meet ADHD than those who are not.
What is ADHD stand for?
The full form of ADHD is Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Scientists classify ADHD as a neurological disorder that affects the specific part of the brain that assists in paying attention and focusing on a task. The primary symptoms of ADHD take place between the age of 3 to 6 years and go with the person for a lifetime. Yes, you heard right, it persists for life, but medical and organic treatment can help lower its symptoms.
- The usual recognization of ADHD is a lack of attention and focus. However, scientist leads that ADHD is not a learning disorder. It is more than that.
- When a person passes through ADHD, they feel troubles in their sexual, social, and personal life. They find it hard to cope with minor issues and easily get irritated.
- On a gender basis, the procedure of treating ADHD disorder and symptoms may vary. However, ADHD treatment like medication including (Adderall, Ritalin, and other stimulants) and therapies can help out.
- The ADHD testing process is tough. There is no medical test prepared that can recognize ADHD. Therefore, the doctor unusually asks children, parents, and teachers about their ongoing symptoms. By noticing the length and intensity of the symptoms, the doctor recognizes whether the child or adult has ADHD.
There is a myth booming amongst the people that ADHD affects only children, and once you pass your childhood, there are minor possibilities to meet with it. However, it is not true that ADHD disorder only affects childhood. There are equal possibilities to meet ADHD in adulthood. The significant issue amongst the adult and children with ADHD is to control hyperactive behavior.
Seeking treatment at the early stage or when you are diagnosed can help a lot to control the ADHD symptoms. On the other hand, the delay in getting the treatment can further worsen the symptoms. However, the symptoms of ADHD in women, men, and kids vary. Therefore, ADHD treatment varies in each age group.
Note: ADHD affects 11% of children each year. On the contrary, there are 5% of adults meet the symptoms of ADHD each year.
What are the causes of ADHD in children and adults?
Still, researches couldn’t prove the precise causes of ADHD in children and adults. Researchers are practicing to find out ADHD the exact causes of ADHD. However, they demonstrate some factors that can stand as the significant causes of ADHD. To know about them go through the below-mentioned information-
Genes- Genes are the primary cause of ADHD in children. The symptoms of ADHD may pass on from one generation to another generation. Therefore, parents with ADHD should take a medical consultation before planning a baby. Follow the prescribed guidelines to suppress the chances of passing on.
Chemicals- ADHD is a disorder related to the brain which may tend to occur due to unbalanced chemicals in the brain. There are higher possibilities to meet ADHD due to unbalanced chemicals. Therefore, seek medication assistance if you find any mental issues. Otherwise, the chemicals unbalanced due to ongoing issues may tend to lead the ADHD.
Pregnancy- Your baby might encounter ADHD symptoms after birth if you were in the activities like alcohol consumption, smoking, drug usage, and lack of nutrients intake during pregnancy. Therefore, kindly avoid such practices during the practices. If you practice these unhealthy activities so your baby is at risk to meet ADHD.
Injury and damage to the brain- brain damage to the front brain, also known as the frontal lobe, can increase the chances of managing emotions and impulses. But, unfortunately, such things can lead to fallout, like ADHD and other mental disorders.
- Sugar leads to ADHD. However, no study proves that excess consumption or intake of sugar can cause ADHD.
- Factors like stressful environment, binge eating & watching, and food allergies don’t cause ADHD.
What are the three types of ADHD?
ADHD has three major categories to make the diagnosis easy and hassle frees. Each type holds different symptoms and intensity. To know more about these three types, kindly go through the below-mentioned information-
#1 predominantly inattentive-
Predominantly inattentive is the first type of ADHD wherein a child finds it problematic to complete the basic tasks, pay attention and keep focused. Children with this kind of ADHD usually do not get accurate treatment as they are silent and don’t cause trouble to their surroundings. Predominantly inattentive type is usually higher found in girls as compared to boys. The general symptoms of it might include-
- unable to pay attention to the allotted task
- Making the silly decision and mistakes
- Not paying attention to the atmospheric activity
- Trouble to listen up lecture
- Not following the directed guidelines and instructions
#2 predominantly hyperactivity impulsive-
During this kind of ADHD, children possess hyperactive and impulsive behavior in their day-to-day lives. They find it a problem to wait for their turn while playing, cause trouble to other people, or disturb the classroom. There are some more symptoms listed below of this one type of ADHD-
- Speaking too much or unnecessary stuff
- Trouble in sitting at the same place for a long time
- Easily getting irritated
- Bullying surrounded people
#3 Combines hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive type-
This is the most basic type of ADHD, which is found in a high number of people. During it, people tend to show the symptoms of inattentive and impulsive hyperactivity in their daily performance. The common symptoms consist of high and low energy, aggressive nature, and hyperactive behavior. The other possible symptoms are-
- Interrupts and causing trouble to other people
- Trouble is playing peacefully
- Excessive talking or no talking at all
- Troubles in remembering tasks
Note: Above listed symptoms and types of ADHD are often occur in children. ADHD symptoms in adults vary from children for instance-
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling bored
- Easily getting irritated
- Substance misuse or disorder
- Trouble in maintaining the relationship
- Mood swings
- Forgetting daily tasks
- Being unorganized
What is the difference between ADD and ADHD?
People often get confused between ADD and ADHD. There is a major difference between both ADD and ADHD. To know about that, go through the below-mentioned information-
- ADD stands for attention deficit disorder, wherein people find trouble focusing and paying attention to an allotted task but without impulsivity.
- On the contrary, ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, wherein a person goes through a lack of attention and focus with high impulsive behavior.
Add stands as an outdated term that is no longer used. ADHD has replaced this term. Medical authorities define ADD as a medical condition named predominantly inattentive condition. ADHD became the official term for this disorder in 2013, after unrestricting the (DSM-5) by APA.
Can ADHD be cured?
As mentioned earlier, ADHD is not completely curable. However, there are different kinds of treatments available that can help in treating ADHD in kids and adults. Below listed treatments tend to function to lower the ADHD symptoms, not completely vanishing away. Doctors usually recommend adopting the multimodal treatment wherein 2 to 3 treatments function simultaneously. Multimodal treatment leads to effective results in ADHD sufferers within a short period. The available treatments are-
- For the management of ADHD, stimulants are usually directed. Stimulants function to boost up the focus and attention status.
- However, stimulants may also lead to several stimulants side effects. And unnecessary or long-term use can lead to addiction and dependency.
- The most prescribed stimulant for ADHD in the USA is Adderall, and another is Ritalin.
- Therefore, use this prescription drug under the doctor’s supervision to avoid negative outcomes.
- The prime objective of the therapies is to function upon the behavior.
- Therapies help to improve and cheer up the behavior. The therapies may consist of psychotherapy, behavior modifications, special education, and social skills training.
- In such methods, professionals tend to develop healthy behavior by reducing the healthy formed habits.
- There is a device for the management of ADHD in children known as monarch external trigeminal nerve stimulation.
- This device is only practicable for children aged between 7 to 12 years.
- Notable, this device is only practicable when you are not using or taking kind of ADHD medications.
- This device functions by putting the child’s forehead to send the low-level impulses to the specific part of the brain known for causing ADHD.
Lifestyle changes- Adopting some changes in day-to-day life can help a lot in suppressing the ADHD symptoms in males and other people. the changes that can be acquired are-
- Practicing yoga and mind-calming exercises
- Eating a diet enriched with fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Avoid binge-watching
- Taking 8 hours of enough sleep
- Avoid spending time on gaming and social media.
- Avoid the distractions from your room like toys, computers, and other electronic devices.
- Supplements enriched with omega-3 are beneficial for ADHD suffers.
- It functions to calm down the brain, which results in healthy behavior.
- However, if you are allergic to such substances, kindly seek medical assistance to know about other possible treatments.
Don’t use or apply any treatment without the approval of the doctor. The doctor appraises your health status and other factors before assigning any treatment. After the appraisal, the appropriate treatment give to you that matches your health status. Using any treatment inappropriately without the approval of the doctor can lead to severe outcomes. Therefore, kindly take the medical conditions before practicing any treatment.