Showing all 2 Results
Valium and its generic form, Diazepam, is useful to treat anxiety, seizures, and muscle spasm. It is a benzodiazepine and interacts with the neurotransmitters inside the brain. Furthermore, your doctor may use this drug for off-label treatments.
Moreover, both generic and brand versions of this drug are available by prescription. So, consult with a doctor before using Valium for anxiety.
Understanding Valium addiction
Valium is a highly addictive drug with more prolonged effects than Alprazolam. Addiction may develop quickly if the person uses Valium in the other way than prescribed. Afterwards, it is not easy for a person to function normally without taking the drug. Yet, many people who have Valium addiction are not aware of it.
Moreover, taking Valium for longer than six weeks increases the risks of addiction. Having a prescription does not mean that drug dependence can not occur.
Symptoms of Valium addiction
If a person has an addiction to this drug, he may have some symptoms of it. These symptoms are the first sign of noticing drug dependence. So, a person should get a medical cure if he sees:
- intense cravings for the drug
- ignoring obligations
- isolation from family and friends
- loss of interest in once enjoyable activities
- continued use of Valium despite problems caused by it
Furthermore, he may experience withdrawal after suddenly stopping the medication. Thus, do not abruptly stop the doses if you have Valium addiction. If a person is having withdrawals, taking the drug may help to overcome it. However, consult with a doctor if you have a drug addiction.
Essential considerations for Valium treatment
Keep these considerations in your mind if your doctor has prescribed Valium.
- Valium tablets can be crushed
- Protect the tablets from sunlight and dust.
- Keep it away from high temperatures.
- Keep the medicine away from water and moisture.
- Always carry your medication if you are travelling.
- Airport X-ray machines will not harm Valium. So, do not worry about it.
- Avoid alcohol while using Valium for Anxiety.
- Other benzos may interact with Valium. Thus, do not take any other drug if you are using Diazepam.
Common side effects of Valium
Valium may slow down your brain’s activity for a few hours. Furthermore, it may interact with your judgement, motor, thinking skills. Also, do not consume alcohol as it may worsen your situation. However, side effects mostly occur when you take instructions for granted. Thus, carefully follow your doctor’s instructions while taking Valium.
Common side effects of Valium include:
- muscle weakness
- dry mouth
- inability to control muscle movements
- excessive saliva
However, inform your doctor even if these side effects are mild. It is possible that these drug reactions may become severe over time.