Insomnia Sleep Disorder
Showing all 5 results
Insomnia Sleeping Pills – Making you a night owl!
Being a night owl on the weekend is cool but being a night owl for the entire week is annoying. Do you know sleep plays an integral role in mental and physical productivity? Thus, if you don’t take the recommended sleep as per your age, it affects your overall health somewhere. When a person doesn’t take the required sleep, one finds the challenges in the next day’s activities, especially those requiring alertness. In short, sleep functions as fuel for the body, so if there is no fuel, there is no function. Come, let’s understand the importance of sleep and its requirement as per the age.
Sleeping disorders are influencing Americans in a high ratio. Unfortunately, this rate is being increased each year globally. Now the question arrives how to cope up with these sleeping disorders? Or are these sleeping disorders treatable? Yes, these disorders are treatable with the right approaches and treatment. However, treatment depends on several factors and varies from one sufferer to another.
How to cope with your sleep disorder
Insomnia is an issue widely present that indicates not having enough sleep. Most people frequently ignore sleep, but the body must take a rest to function correctly. Insufficient sleep can lead you to tiredness and fatigue that can ruin your productivity, and if the problem persists for a more extended period, it can cause high BP, heart failure, and heart attack.
In such scenarios, medicines like Ambien can become a lifesaver. It is an FDA-approved drug for the treatment of insomnia.
Ambien comes in many different variants like Ambien 5mg and Ambien 10mg. Extended versions of Ambein are also available in the form of Ambein CR in 6.25 and 12.5mg strength.
Factors that adversely affect your sleep.
- Irregular sleep schedule
- Physical pain
It is not only one reason that can cause Insomnia. There are different issues like some people are naturally light sleepers which causes them to be awake easily, and there are people who can’t sleep because of life circumstances.
It is not essential what causes your Insomnia. What matters is how to get rid of it. Insomnia can be cured both by natural and medical treatment.
Natural remedies for Insomnia
Most cases of Insomnia occur due to a poor sleep schedule which means that a person is intentionally staying awake late at night. As a result, it becomes behavioral for that person and makes it difficult for them to sleep.
There are some practices you can perform to restore the sleep cycle and therefore curing Insomnia.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
It is a therapy that is structurally developed for curing Insomnia. It is used to see the thoughts and behaviors preventing the person from staying awake.
CBT-I uses different approaches and sees what is causing a person not to sleep properly. It allows the person to learn about sleep and changes their perception of sleep positively. This helps the person to induce sleep faster and better.
CBT-I is a long process because you cannot change the behaviors and patterns in one day. It requires commitment and patience to complete the therapy successfully.
Meditation is an old technique mainly used for calming the brain and increasing focus. Regular practice helps you to clear your thoughts and find a sense of peace.
Meditation can help you relax your senses and body, which is essential for a person to initiate sleep. You can use many places to follow a guided meditation that can benefit you with your Insomnia.
Enhancing sleep hygiene
Sleeping hygiene is about creating habits that help to get a good night’s sleep. Poor sleep habits like binge-watching, gaming, uncomfortable bed, naps can prevent you from sleeping.
You can form healthy habits like not drinking coffee 10 hours prior, avoiding taking naps, and not watching any screen before your sleep can certainly help you sleep better at night.
Exercise & yoga
Exercise and yoga both help you to fall asleep in different ways. In addition, yoga helps a person think and feel better, as there are many practices in yoga that help you control your breathing in a way that can help you remain calm.
It is shown in a study that slow acrobatic exercises help the brain to produce slow waves that are similar to the waves that occur when a person is in a deep sleep. Therefore, it can help you sleep in a deeper state that can benefit both your mind and the body.
Medicinal treatment of Insomnia
If you have used all the ways to improve your sleep naturally, you still cannot sleep at night. Then it is time for you to consult a doctor. There are many types of medications that are available for the treatment of Insomnia.
It would be best if you always took a doctor’s advice before taking any medication for Insomnia as many medicines can cause severe allergic reactions and harm your health.
Benzodiazepines are related to a class of drugs that are called hypnotics. They are considered the first choice for the treatment of Insomnia. Sedatives like Ambien, Alprazolam, and clonazepam are some of the famous names. They stimulate the chemicals in the brain and help calm the nerve activity in the brain to help you to sleep.
They are widely used because they produce effects rapidly and help you sleep fast and for a more extended period. On the other hand, benzos are only used for a short time as they are infamous for their misuse, and you can also get dependent on them.
Doctors also prefer Ramelton because it activates the melatonin in the body. Melatonin is a hormone found in our body that helps us to control our sleep cycle.
Ramelteon does not have any side effects, but it is considered less effective if the problem of Insomnia is critical.
Antidepressants and anti-anxiety medicines
There can be situations when a person has depression and anxiety disorders; it can potentially lead to the restlessness that can cause Insomnia. Antidepressants can help the brain to suppress these issues.
These medicines have one more effect called drowsiness, which can help induce sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Insomnia go away?
Yes, Insomnia can go if you adopt appropriate treatment under the supervision of a professional.
How can I cure Insomnia fast?
You can use medicine like (Benzodiazepines) and other stimulants that can be used with organic methods that can help you cure Insomnia effectively and fast.
What is the best sedative for Insomnia?
Benzos like Ambien are considered some of the best sedatives for Insomnia. It slows brain activity and reduces sleep-inducing time. It also helps you to sleep for a longer time.
How is common sleep disorders (Insomnia)?
Insomnia is common among each age group, and the reason behind its occurrence may vary from sufferer to sufferer. However, some common factors contribute to sleeping disorders (Insomnia). Although, the precise reason may vary from sufferer to sufferer. To know how common Insomnia is, read the mentioned stats of a survey below-
- As per the studies, women are more prone to meet the sleeping disorders such as insomnia than men. Mood and hormone disorders are the significant cause of Insomnia in females. However, a number of symptoms, intensity varies, and the occurrence varies from one woman to another.
- There are 25% of young children go through the symptoms of behavioral Insomnia. Symptoms such as waking up frequently and challenges in falling asleep are the symptoms of behavioral Insomnia.
- 75% of depression sufferers are recognized under the symptoms of Insomnia. The symptoms of Insomnia in the depression sufferer can be short and long-term. In case if you are under depression for a long so it may be long-term insomnia. In contrast, if you are depressed due to any ongoing traumatic situation so Insomnia can be the short term.
- Insomnia can lead to other health disorders with severe intensity, such as anxiety and diabetes type 2. Therefore, if you find the symptoms so seek medical help at the starting point. The symptoms can be controlled with the right approaches at the initial stage with Ambien.
- Binge drinking is also one of the major causes of Insomnia in adults. Those who practice such are 34% more likely to meet Insomnia.
- 4% of Americans take the prescription without the legal Rx by watching the advertisement. Even though women take sleeping pills in high ratio than men.
- There is 23% of Americans under the symptom of Insomnia due to ongoing daily life and pressure.
Some myths related to Insomnia-
- Alcohol- there is a myth that alcohol helps you to fall asleep faster. However, it is not true; alcohol doesn’t help you to fall asleep. Even though when alcohol moves from the body, it may cause restlessness and wake you up earlier.
- Insomnia is mentally restricted- yes; Insomnia indeed comes out due to psychological troubles such as stress. However, psychological issues are not only the cause of Insomnia; some other diseases cause Insomnia. for instance, drug side effects, sleep apnea, diseases, and sleeping pattern.
- Sleep aids are safe- yes, sleep aids help you fall asleep faster and far better than the old ways. However, these sleeping aids can be life-endangering too. These medications can cause drug dependency and side effects. One of the most used medicine is Ambien 5mg for sleeping management.
- Naps help to offset Insomnia- taking naps affects everyone differently. So, taking a nap of 20 minutes can be refreshing for some people. However, it may affect the sleeping pattern of people who are under Insomnia.
- Insomnia gets off on its own- Insomnia never gets off on its own unless you get to know what is triggering it. Whether it can be stress, medication, and illnesses. After getting full sleep or finding the problem falling asleep, you may be under the sleeping disorder. Therefore, if you go through such a situation so seek medical assistance.
Insomnia is becoming a significant concern globally. However, some medical and organic ways can be adapted in daily schedules to deal with Insomnia. Although, you are advised not to adopt any treatment without consulting a doctor.
Notably, before applying any medical treatment, ask your doctor to ensure whether that specific medication meets your health standards or not. Kindly avoid the medication if the doctor does not approve of you.