- Percocet is a quick pain reliever and relieves acute pain within 3 to 30 minutes after the dose is taken. However, it depends on the medical condition of the patient.
- It is a pain reliever (opioid analgesic) which contains a combination of an opioid painkiller called Oxycodone and a non-opioid painkiller called Acetaminophen.
- Generally, It is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Oxycodone, the opioid analgesic present in Percocet, works in the brain by changing how the body feels and responds to pain. An opioid sometimes called a narcotic.
- Oxycontin is used by the patients suffering from the moderately severe pain of bone break, C section, or cancer.
- Percocet is an FDA controlled medicine, which means it is illegal to use this without a prescription.
- Percocet is a helpful medication for those who are suffering from severe pain such as, injury, cancer, C section, or bone break pain. Along with the benefits of this medication, it might cause several side effects, mostly when the patient starts using this medication or use it for an extended period.
Precautions for Percocet 7.5/500mg
The patients should be aware of the risks and precautions when they have this medication. Percocet may cause breathing problems. To lower the risk of breathing effects, the patients should take the smallest dose of Percocet that relieves pain and take it for the shortest time possible. The dangers of severe breathing problems are more serious when the patient is sensitive to this medication, start this medication, or after a dose is increased. The patient should follow the precautions carefully to prevent any side effects of this medicine. The precautions for this medication are:
- Never use this medicine when you do not have a prescription for it from a licensed doctor.
- While having this medication, consume enough amount of water.
- Never alter or adjust the time and quantity of doses. Let your doctor do this for you.
- Seek emergency medical help or call 911 in case of overdose.
The patients should take Percocet 7.5/500mg as prescribed. Never make changes in dosage quantity and time. Do not discontinue using Percocet suddenly after long-term use, and it may cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. When the medication is required to be finished, then the patient should contact a physician about how to stop taking Percocet safely.
The typical adult dosage of Percocet 7.5/500mg is two tablets every 6 hours as needed for the treatment of pain. The daily dose of this medication should not exceed four grams.
Side effects of Percocet
Along with the medication of Percocet 7.5/500mg, there may develop some chances of side effects of this drug that are as follows:
- To avoid illness, drink enough water, eat dietary products, and perform an exercise.
- Upset Stomach
- Always take this medication when you have a prescription for it from a professional doctor.
- If you are feeling dizzy, get up slowly from a lying or sitting position to prevent the risk of dizziness.
If you lose or skip a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is time for the next dose of this medicine, skip the missed dose.
Store the medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Keep it at room temperature, away from moisture and direct sunlight. Do not flush the medication in the toilet, and do not store it in the bathroom.