Oxycodone 5mg e is helpful for the treatment of moderate to acute pain in patients suffering from post-operative pain and cancer. Only adult patients (18 to 60 years of age) should use Oxycodone 5 mg tablets. It is an oral administration tablet. The treatment of severe pain of cancer, C-Section, surgery, or medical procedures requires the use of a strong opioid painkiller (narcotic analgesic).
Oxycodone 5 mg tablets contain hydroxypropyl cellulose. The 5 mg tablets of Oxycodone includes the following inactive ingredients:
- Polyethylene oxide
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
- Titanium dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Polyethylene glycol 400
LIMITATIONS OF OXYCODONE 5 mg USES
- The chances of physical or mental dependence are still active even when the medication of Oxycodone used as prescribed. There is a significant risk of an overdose of this medicine and death with extended-release opioid formulations.
- Oxycodone 5 mg is not indicated as an as-needed analgesic.
- Because of the risk of physical and mental addiction, abuse, and misuse with opioid medicines, this medicine is only prescribed when needed, and symptoms could not be treated with any other medication.
OXYCODONE 5 mg DOSAGE INFORMATION
The medication of Oxycodone 5 mg should only be prescribed by a professional doctor who is knowledgeable in the use of opioid medicines for the treatment of severe and acute pain.
- Use the lowest effective dose of Oxycodone 5 mg, which works, for the shortest duration with an individual patient treatment plan.
- Oxycodone 5 mg is administered orally every 12 hours.
- The patient should consume the whole tablet with enough water to ensure complete swallowing of the pill instantly after putting in the mouth.
- Never presoak, or otherwise wet the Oxycodone tablet before putting in the mouth.
- This medicine should not be used for a more extended period than prescribed.
- When the patient no longer needs this medication, it is advisable to reduce the dose steadily to prevent the symptoms of withdrawal.
Oxycodone 5mg Side effects
- Neonatal opioid withdrawal syndrome
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Severe hypertension
- Life-threatening respiratory depression
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty in bowel movement
- Mood swings
- Skipped menstruation cycle
- Yellowish pee
However, these common side effects of Oxycodone are temporary and should disappear over time. If these side effects become severe and do not fade over time, consult with your healthcare professional, seek emergency medical help, or call 911.
Oxycodone 5mg Storage instructions
Store the pills of Oxycodone 5 mg at room temperature, away from moisture, water, direct sunlight, and heat. Do not flush the tablets of Oxycodone in the toilet and do not store it in the kitchen. Keep a record of your remaining medicine. Do not leftover your opioid medication.